¼ cup of bacon dripping
½ cup milk
1 egg, well-beaten
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
(it is basically a shallow American popover, you get more of the chewy part and less of the poppy part)
• preheat 425º F.
• put 2 tablespoons bacon dripping into each individual pan or all into a 8″x8″.
• heat in oven, until the pans start to smoke. about 8-10 mins.
• beat egg and milk together
• gradually beat in flour and salt.
• pour batter into hot pan; bake until done. about 30 mins
Serve with beef or chicken gravy atop or with butter and jam.