Readership here at the Bullpen has never been over the top, as matter of fact it has dwindled alarmingly lately. I have been trying to encourage other Bibliophile Mailing list members to flog their own blogs – a current active blog touting what is hot at your bookstore, site, biz whatever, can be a useful tool to encourage repeat customers. ESPECIALLY if you talk about what is new in stock, think of it like a front window, you change it often enough people will stop by just to see what’s come in lately. OR you could just write about what’s going on in your locale or your head, personalization of ecommerce can ONLY be a good thing.
What’s in some of our Member’s heads?
- Tijuana Bible – Our own Grande Poohbah’s images and observation from south of the border.
- Foggygates – Joslin Hall Rare Books front window, what’s new, what’s coming – lovely stuff.
- Oddball Observations – a peek inside Bruce Taylor head (Bookends, Prescott Valley, AZ)
- MadBookseller – a peek inside Forrest Proper’s head (Joslin Hall Rare Books)
- Mulligrubbing Fudgenuts . . .and What keeps Forrest Proper on the no-fly list
- Bookgato – Some recommendations and comments from Becky Palmer at Booksallover.com
- Biblioarchy – what’s new fresh or funny over at Driftless Books and Music in Wisconsin,
- el Bibliomano – something a little spicier from Chema Giménez in Madrid, some very entertaining biblio postings
If you’re a list member with a blog to flog tell me about it.
even if you aren’t and have a blog that may be Bullpen material, tell me about that too!