- Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
I’m trying to remember that far back . . i mean how many folks REALLY remember their 1st reading of the Cat in the Hat? I think the earliest book i can remember reading was that book they gave parents to leave around the house to explain where babies come from so they don’t actually have to discuss anything with their kids.