If you haven’t figured it out by now, I post whatever amuses me. That goes a hundred fold for ‘things’ like book bags, beach towels, book toys . . . no one asks me to do it or sends me free samples. If I see something bookish I like I toss it up here for the infotainment of all – rarely has anyone solicited my endorsement. Usually if I get an email it’s the same ignorable spamish email sent simultaneously to a lot of blogs. So, in the interest of full disclosure I did get an email promoting this item, and I found it both bookish and entertaining – so there.
Maxtile Holdings, a Boston-based technology incubator, has launched “Books on Poster” project at www.booksonposter.com, condensing vast unabridged works of literature and other documents onto single sheets of paper. New printing technology has now enabled large texts to be still be legible at a reading distance of a few inches.
- Halloween classics such as Dracula and Frankenstein
- Christmas stories, including Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol
- Political works, including Machiavelli’s The Prince and every U.S. Presidential inaugural address
- Children’s literature such as the Wizard of Oz and Aesop’s Fables
- Authors from the Western canon including Homer, Virgil, and Dante
- The collected works of William Shakespeare
- Calorie listings for more than 1,000 common foods
- American classics like Uncle Tom’s Cabin and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- The 9/11 Victim List
Unframed 22” x 32” Books on Poster are available for only $28.99.