wod – deckle edge

A deckle is the frame hand made paper is made with, it looks like a window screen. After the paper has dried it has a rough edge. If you print and fold the paper you get a rough or ‘deckle’ edge.

Many modern novels are published with faux-deckle edges. I wish I had a nickle for every time someone tried to return a book as damaged because of it. 8)

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes