word of the day – ornaments and flowers

typographic ornament • a generic term for the various kinds of decoration compositors may use with type, e.g. arabesques, borders, flowers, flourishes, head-pieces, tail-pieces, rules, etc.

printer’s flowers • usually refers to type ornaments used to embellish page borders, chapter headings, tail pieces and title pages.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes